We have one more meeting of the 2017-2018 Music Boosters tonight, Tuesday 6/19 at 7 pm in the MTHS library. On the agenda is a wrap up of the year, a look proposed changes to the bylaws and elections for next year’s board. Several key positions still need to be filled.
Wow! Where did May go? So many events and we are not done yet.
- 5/31 – Music Booster meeting Doors open at 6:30 and the meeting is 7-8 in the Library at MTHS. We need to discuss the election of a new board.
- 6/1 – End of the year Jazz Concert – For parents who are new to the program both jazz bands will be performing at the Future of Flight Strata Deck. Doors open at 6 and the show starts at 6:30. Tickets are at the door for $10 a person. No host bar and No host food options are available. We need volunteers to setup and cleanup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba9a722aa8-volunteer
- 6/5 – End of the year Orchestra Concert & Awards 7 pm in MTHS Theater
- 6/6 – End of the year Choir Concert 7 pm in MTHS Theater
- 6/7 – End of the Year Band Concert 7 pm in MTHS Theater. We still need help with reception organization Sign up to volunteer at Signup Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4ba9a722aa8-volunteer
- 6/19 Final Music Booster meeting of the year. Doors open at 6:30 and the meeting is 7-8 in the Library at MTHS.
I guess the whole thing is really my note, but to recap a few items as we head into new board elections. In August 2016, a new Music Board met to discuss goals for the term. There were NO returning board members so we were starting to just figure out our roles and our goals….
Just a few weeks left and a lot to do. We have a general Booster meeting this week and will sort out voting for next year’s positions. For info, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOSTERS – May 31 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30 JAZZ – June 1 – Final Concert at the Future of Flight Strato Deck . No-host food & bar by Chef Dane Catering. $10 cover charge (Everett Paine Field) 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM ORCHESTRA – June 5 – Final Concert & Awards 7 pm (MTHS Theater) CHOIR – June 6 – Final Concert 7 pm (MTHS Theater) BAND – June 7 – Final Band Concert & Awards for Band, Percussion & Jazz 7 pm (MTHS Theater)
GRADUATION – June 16 – Class of 2018 7 pm (Edmonds Woodway High School Stadium)
BOOSTERS – June 19 – Final 2017-18 Board Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30
Is there a teacher, staff person, individual that made a difference this year to you, your students or the MTHS? You have until May 29th to nominate them. Grab the attached forms, fill them out and mail them to TaraZuehl@outlook.com.
Outstanding Educator Nomination Form 2018 (Awarded to a teacher at MTHS as Outstanding Educator)
Golden Acorn Nomination Form 2018 (Awarded to any individual who has shown an
exemplary contribution to our students)
The Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers sponsors the 18th annual Edmonds Jazz Connection Festival in downtown Edmonds this Saturday. High school bands from Snohomish County will play in three venues plus there’s a jazz vocal clinic and open jam sessions.
MTHS Jazz 1 and 2 will play including 4 combos. Complete schedule at the rotary website, but here are when MTHS plays:
Big Bands – Edmonds Center for the Arts: 9:00 – 4:30
Jazz 1 | 11:30 AM
All three days of the Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival featuring our Jazz 1 band will be streamed for free over the internet at Live at Lincoln Center website: https://livestream.com/jazz. Click on headline below to go directly to that day’s feed.
MLT scheduled for 11:30 AM
- 1. TRIANGLE YOUTH JAZZ ENSEMBLE (RALEIGH, NC)
- 2. MOUNTLAKE TERRACE HIGH SCHOOL (MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, WA)
- 3. ROOSEVELT HIGH SCHOOL (SEATTLE, WA)
- 4. NEWARK ACADEMY (LIVINGSTON, NJ)
- 5. CHAMPAIGN CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL (CHAMPAIGN, IL)
- 6. WILLIAM H. HALL HIGH SCHOOL (WEST HARTFORD, CT)
- 7. AGOURA HILLS HIGH SCHOOL (AGOURA HILLS, CA)
- 8. TUCSON JAZZ INSTITUTE (TUCSON, AZ)
- 9. DILLARD CENTER FOR THE ARTS (FORT LAUDERDALE, FL)
- 10. NEWTON SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL (NEWTON, MA)
- 11. SUN PRAIRIE HIGH SCHOOL (SUN PRAIRIE, WI)
- 12. CARROLL SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (SOUTHLAKE, TX)
- 13. BELIOT MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL (BELOIT, WI)
- 14. BALLARD HIGH SCHOOL (SEATTLE, WA)
- 15. OSCEOLA COUNTY SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS (KISSIMMEE, FL)
On Social Media
A lot going on in the next few weeks with big concerts on the road, preparing for year end concerts, and, oh yeah, parents: we need board members for next year. Let’s talk.
BOOSTERS – May 2 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30 JAZZ – May 5 – A student-led Ellington Sendoff potluck and concert (MTHS Hub) 6 PM – 9 PM. Free, but please let us know how many are coming and sign-up to bring food at: Ellington Sendoff Potluck CHOIR – May 5 – Dynamics sing before Damian McGinty concert (Shoreline CC Theatre) JAZZ – May 10-12 – MTHS Jazz at the Essentially Ellington competition (NYC) Live Streaming schedule posted shortly ORCHESTRA and CHOIR – May 11-13 – Coeur d’Alene Music Festival and Silverwood trip
BOOSTERS – May 31 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30
Week of June 4: Year end concerts. More info shortly
Spring Break has come and gone. For many a band student, that meant travel to Disneyland. After a super busy March, there’s lots of prep time this month as auditions will start revving up for next year. In May: Orchestra plays at the Silverwood Festival, Choir has Silverwood and opens a Damian McGinty show, and Jazz heads the NYC for the Essentially Ellington competition. Band swings out this month for Canada.
And as the end of the year comes into view, we are looking for new reps and Music Board members. Swing by the monthly meeting or write us.
BOOSTERS – April 12 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30
JAZZ – April 16 – Essentially Ellington Clinic 3 pm-evening (MTHS, volunteers needed for meals, write our jazz reps)
BAND – April 19-22 – Whistler Music Festival (Whistler Conference Centre, Canada)
BOOSTERS – May 2 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30
Something for everybody: all music students performing at their respective Quad concerts, plus an auction, jazz in Seattle, and tacos!
BAND & JAZZ – March 1 – Winter concert for all Concert bands – 7 PM (MTHS Theater) BAND – March 6 – Band Quad Concert @ 7 pm (MTHS Gym) ORCHESTRA – March 7 – Orchestra Quad Concert @ 7 pm (MTHS Gym) CHOIR – March 8 – Choir Quad Concert @ 7 pm (MTHS) AUCTION – March 10 – Building Bridges Auction @ 5 pm (Lynnwood Conference Center) BOOSTERS – March 13 – Monthly Meeting @ 7-8:30 pm (MTHS Library) Doors open 6:30 BAND – March 15 – SnoKing Band Festival (Edmonds Center for the Arts) ORCHESTRA – March 20 – SnoKing Orchestra Festival (Edmonds Center for the Arts)
JAZZ – March 30 – Hot Java Cool Jazz concert @ 7 pm (Paramount Theatre/Seattle)
Parents & Guardians & Friends: We need help with concerts, trips, plus a way to earn a free ticket to Hot Java Cool Jazz. Please check up SignUpGenius now. There’s two Band concerts in March, and two trips needing chaperones: a day trip to Central Washington University or a day at Edmond Center for Arts. We do need one backstage person for Hot Java Cool Jazz to hang out and keep watch over the instruments. We will provide a free ticket for them.
SignUpGenius is linked above in tabs of this site or just tap here.